Circular 18/2018/TT-BTTTT - Amending and supplementing to Circular 46/2016/TT-BTTTT (regulations on license-free frequency bands)
17:31 - 03/01/2019
MIC Vietnam has officially introduced Circular 18/2018/TT-BTTTT dated 20 Dec 2018, amending and supplementing some contents of the Circular 46/2016/TT-BTTTT - Regulations on license-free frequency bands.
This new Circular will take effective from February 12, 2019.
1. Make the definitions of Short Range Devices, Wireless Video Transmitter, Automotive Radar, Radar sensor or Road Transport and Traffic Telematics to be clearer.
2. Officially confirm that Short Range Devices which does not meet requirements on operating frequency and operational technical conditions (maximum ERP/EIRP power, spurious emissions.. are NOT ALLOWED to be imported and used in Vietnam. Short range device having multi operating frequency bands and/or exceed allowed bands and/or multi power level must be fixed and limited to meet requirements of Circular 18/2018/TT-BTTTT and Circular 46/2016/TT-BTTTT of MIC Vietnam.
3. Remove 866 ~ 868 MHz license-free band allocated for RFID. 866 ~ 868 MHz RFID products which has been manufactured or imported before enforcing date of this Circular can still be used in Vietnam, but must be stopped if cause harmful interference to licensed bands.
4. Add frequency bands specially used for railway systems: 3.234 MHz ~ 5.234 MHz and 26.957 MHz ~ 27.283 MHz. Now the contractors of MRT railway systems in Vietnam should not have problem in importing railway transmitters, transceivers.
5. High power RFID 918-923 MHz used for non-stop electronic toll collection systems and wireless sounds devices used for radio / television broadcasting purposes are removed from Short Range Device category (higher ERP/EIRP power is allowed but must obtain frequency permit to use).
6. Extend the allowed operating frequency band for wireless power charging products. Now the frequency band allowed for Qi WPC product in Vietnam can be within range from 9 kHz ~ 190 kHz.
7. Add few more license-free frequency bands for AIS and EPIRB (maritime equipment).
Click download to preview English Version of Circular No. 18/2018/TT-BTTTT